ACTING MASTERCLASS IN SYDNEY WITH MARK WESTBROOK
Once a year, Mark Westbrook, one of the UK’s leading acting coaches visits Sydney to lead an empowering 5-Day Acting Masterclass with actors from the area.
Mark has coached BAFTA, Emmy and Oscar winning clients and he is bringing his specialist actor coaching skills to Sydney again this year!
This year’s masterclass will run from Monday 26th November to Friday 30th November. (An advanced masterclass will also run later in December, more information available)
Now infamous online for his Acting Blog, which is read by hundreds of thousands of actors every year- upsetting phony acting gurus, charlatans and hippy drama teachers all over the world with his no-bullsh*t approach to acting, Mark is offering his pragmatic, uncompromising, yet informal approach to actors across Sydney and New South Wales.
Mark has built a unique professional acting studio in Scotland, delivering a highly practical acting technique to everyone from beginners to BAFTA and Oscar winners, and now’s the opportunity for him to share that technique with you.
The week long intensive with Mark was an excellent experience. His approach to the craft I found to be concise and extremely practical. The exercises and training are geared towards creating a repeatable process which allows a real connection between your fellow actors and the text whilst being alive to the scene on a moment to moment basis. The work I saw in a short week was captivating and exciting and his respect for the artist and the process was inspiring. I cannot recommend it highly enough.”
This will be small, intimate event, with just 8 places available, allowing the actors to work intensively with Mark, getting the most from this unique opportunity.
In this 5-day masterclass class, you will learn to:
• Develop your ability to act truthfully as you learn to set aside pretending and performing in pursuit of a more a truthful behaviour that crackles on stage or screen.
• Unlock the actable parts of any scene, learning practicable skills that make any script yield up its vital clues.
• Respond truthfully to what your scene partners are doing in the moment, creating powerful on-screen/stage chemistry between yourself and other actors.
• Banish self-consciousness and physical tension with common sense solutions that will serve you for your entire acting career.
• Discover a reliable approach to acting that you can depend upon when you need it. Rather than the pick-n-mix, wing-and-a-prayer luck-based techniques that exist out there.
Contact KARLI EVANS at Acting Coach Australia on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
NB: You must have some professional acting experience to take part in this event. This is not an event for beginners or amateurs.
After last November’s hugely successful masterclass, we are currently receiving applications for 2012. If you would like to find out more, please sign up below, we promise we won’t send you any dumb crap, or pass your details onto to third parties.
OR Sign Up Right NOW Below